Thursday, August 21, 2008

Time for a new hobby...



Yes that's right. I got fat... and I blame it on the KA. Well, that and my inability to exercise my willpower. So anyway I have put cooking and baking on the back burner for now (still doing it, just not overload like I was doing!) and I am going to start into the world of photography.

I had the most exciting Ebay experience ever on Sunday night. I was watching my auction to make sure I didn't get outbid, and sure enough, with 1 minute and 13 seconds left, some !@#$ outbid me! Well, my competitive nature sure wasn't going to let them get away with it, so I upped my max bid and I won at the very last second.



I am the proud new owner of a Canon Rebel XTi, with a silver body. Included in the auction was:

Canon Lens EF 28-90mm 1:4-5.6 - Standard Zoom Lens
  • Canon UltraSonic Lens EF 90-300 1:4-5.6 - Telephoto Lens
  • Digital Visions of Japan, 58mm 0.5x "fisheye wide-angle" digital lens with macro
  • 4GB Compact Flash (XS) memory card

  • Three (3!) long-lasting lithium batteries and recharger
  • Camera bag
  • Three additional protective pouches
  • Two (2) lens filters - one is a nice SunPak circular polarizer 58mm. The other is a standard clear filter to protect your lens.

  • I love a bargain.

    I am so happy to have won this auct
    ion for many reasons...mainly because I really wanted to do stuff with telephoto and macro lenses. I also can't wait to try out the fish eye aspect as my wedding photographer uses those lenses and his work is incredible.

    Here are some photos I took with hubby's Canon Powershot SD630 Digital Elph point and shoot camera.





    1 comment:

    Azull said...

    Congratz on the awesome ebay win!! Can't wait to see some pics from it.